OH MY GOODNESS, WE HAVE A WINNER!!! This was a fabulous dinner! I had the bread pudding which was insane! And Michael Loved the chicken and the bread pudding! I would say try this one asap
This chicken was pretty simple and I am guessing that any dish with white wine, garlic and mushrooms must be good! I loved making a bread pudding a little healthier by using multi-grain bread instead of plain old sugary white bread. It was divine!
Chicken and Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 ounces cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms soften, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to plate and keep warm. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to skillet. Cook on both sides until cooked through and the browned. Add wine and lemon juice and continue cooking until reduced to 4 tablespoons, about 5 more minutes. Serve chicken with mushrooms, pan sauce and sprinkled parsley on top.
Spinach Bread Pudding
- 6 eggs2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- dash ground nutmeg
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 slices multi-grain bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (crusts discarded)
Preheat oven to 375 degree. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until combined. Stir in spinach, Monterey Jack, and bread. Pour the bread mixture into lightly sprayed or greased 13″ by 9″ glass baking dish. Bake until browned and puffed, and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 25 – 35 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving and ENJOY!