Recently I needed a fast dessert to bring to a party. I didn’t really have time to make something, and not that there is anything wrong with buying something to bring, it just really isn’t me. So I needed to improvise My mom had recently sent me a 5 minute recipe for a Tofu Dream Pudding. (Thanks Mom!) I figured why not use this recipe to make a quick pie.
The pudding was incredible!!! We could have just eaten this on its own but it was super deelish as a pie filling as well.
Tofu chocolate Pudding & Whipped Cream Pie
Recipe adapted from food.com
- 2 boxes of firm silken tofu (the asceptic type…One brand is Mori-Nu…not the water packed kind!)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (good quality)
- Simply blend tofu, cocoa, sugar, vanilla in a food processor or blender until smooth and well blended.
- Add the almond extract in a little at a time, and adjust to taste. (optional)
- vegan pie shell (I chose chocolate…see picture below)
- vegan whip cream (I used Soyatoo Soy whipped cream and was not so impressed, buy Hip Whip instead)
- chocolate bar
- Pour pudding into pie shell
- Decorate with whipped topping and then grate chocolate over it.
- Either serve immediately or freeze. (freezing made it perfect for travel! But it tastes best defrosted)