We went to an awesome Valentine’s Day Brunch with some lovely mamas and kiddos This was a perfect treat to bring! Bite-sized deliciousness and no one knew (or believed me!) that these were really made from great ingredients like garbanzo beans and applesauce. They are low-fat and protein-rific, yet still have that fun chocolate bite! Plus they are super simple. I bet these would be great fun baking with the kids! (just make sure to save some for your husband! Mine LOVED them!!)
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini-Muffins
recipe from http://vegnews.com
Makes 24 mini muffins (I doubled the recipe and had 39 mini muffins)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini-muffin pan or cookie sheet. In a food processor, process oats, garbanzo beans, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and brown sugar until completely smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, combine batter and chocolate chips. Into mini-muffin pan, scoop dough. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin pan.