This was super yummy, quick to make and very low in fat, which is always lovely! Perfect weeknight meal! Deelish!
Veggie and Tofu Moo Shu
Makes 8 wraps
8 – Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps
12-oz. bag dry broccoli slaw mix
8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
1 block tofu, cubed and crumbled (or vegan crumbles)
1 cup water chestnuts
1 can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
3 tablespoons tamari
3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
dash white pepper (black is fine, if you don’t have white)
- In a small bowl, combine tamari, vinegar, garlic, cornstarch, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli slaw and mushrooms to wok and, stirring occasionally, cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and sauce to the pan, mix well, and cook for an additional 3 – 4 minutes, until entire dish is hot.
- Remove from heat and transfer moo shu mixture to a serving dish. Set aside.
- Serve tortillas and hoisin sauce alongside moo shu mixture. Spread hoisin sauce on tortilla and spoon moo shu mixture and wrap.